The lung disease Covid-19, which is caused by the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, is making the world hold its breath. To enable biomedical researchers to use biosamples effectively, the German Biobank Node (GBN) advocates a coordinated approach to the nationwide collection of SARS-CoV-2 samples. You can find information on the handling of these samples here.
Dear biobank colleagues,
please contact us if you already collect SARS-CoV-2 samples or plan to do so. If you are already collecting, please let us know,
- how many samples are currently available in your biobank
- which sample types (smears, serum, plasma, whole blood, etc.) are involved
- whether the samples are processed in your biobank
- and what data you collect in the process.
Dear colleagues from research,
our aim is to support you in the best possible way - therefore please let us know,
- what types of samples you need,
- whether and what types of controls you need
- and which methods or analyses you want to conduct (cell cultures, genetic analyses, histology, etc.).
Send us this information (or your general request) by e-mail to germanbiobanknode@. Thank you for supporting research and biobanking on SARS-CoV-2/Covid-19! charite.de
|Deutsche Herzstiftung||20 April 2020 (6 p.m.)|
|Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF)|
11 May 2020
|German Research Foundation (DFG)|
1 July 2020 (letter of intent), 1. September 2020 (proposal)